Saturday, February 19, 2011

Spray on is not just for tanning!!!!

I have discovered spray on coloring!  I had seen it before, but never ventured to buy any. Hubs changed my world a couple of weekends ago when he placed two cans of the fun stuff in my cart.  Being very into air brushing, Hubs thought this would be a fun way to give some life to my creations. The coolness factor of this stuff is unbelievable. 

I decided to put this coloring to work for the cupcakes that I was making for the boy's big Valentine's Day bashes at school.  One boy was getting cupcakes, and one boy was getting cookies.  I went with a simple vanilla cupcake and a buttercream icing.  Then after the icing crusted a bit, I shot it with the spray can.  It was really fun.  It doesn't add a taste to the cupcake, and it enables you to give shadows and light to the cupcake. Of course, you really can't tell much from these pictures, again they are from my cell phone.  You would THINK at some point I could put together the act of being at Walmart and buying batteries.    In fact, the cupcakes look kind of orange, but they were red.





Next were the sugar cookies.  I decided to do something different for each kiddo.  I used a new food coloring, one that was extremely bright.  I nearly burned out my retinas decorating these suckers!  I absolutely fell in love with the sugar cookie recipe.  Literally days later, the cookies were still soft and delicious.  Again, the icing was a simple butter icing.  I wasn't sure that my oh so manly little boys would be willing to take bright pink cookies and cupcakes to school, but they were cool about it.  I got good reports from teachers and students alike!

No comments:

Post a Comment