Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Banana Cake!

I know that I am quite possibly driving you all insane with the constant cooking and posting that I have been doing the last couple of days.  But, when I get a day off like this today, I take advantage of it.  It may be days before I have the opportunity again.  I just wish SO much that I had prepared myself with batteries for my camera.  Sigh!  Oh well, I will know next time, right?

I was going to make a butter pecan cake tonight, but noticed that I had bananas on the counter that were getting perfectly ripe for banana bread.  But, then I thought, I don't really want banana bread.  It's what I always make with my bananas.  So, I thought, aha!  Banana cake!  I'd never made one before.  I made a triple layer round banana cake with a banana cream cheese brown sugar icing that I came up with.  I couldn't find a recipe that had what I wanted in my mind. 

Here is the result.  I spread a very thin layer of the icing in between each layer of cake, and a thin layer of icing all around.  This is because the icing is extremely rich.  I need some testing to give me their thoughts on it.  If David makes it to work tomorrow, this will go with him.  My son J, actually got to eat this slice.  I DID take a bite for taste testing purposes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment