Saturday, March 26, 2011

Happy Accident

Tonight I accidentally made something delicious!!!  I had a boxed cake mix in the cabinet.  No telling how long it had been in there  but, I have been cleaning out the cabinets.  So, I decided to bake it.  It turned out as flat as a pancake, and as dry as dust.

So, after thinking about it, I decided to turn it into something edible.  I despise waste.  So, I took it and cut it into tiny squares.  Since it was a chocolate cake, I decided to then mix up sugar free chocolate pudding and pour all over the top of it.  Then, ta da!  Dessert is served.

It was actually something VERY good, and something I would probably make time and time again. D said it was "hard to stay out of it."  Usually those Weight Watchers soda cakes come out so dry and flat that this seems like a really good idea to do with any cake.  Just use a different flavor of pudding for each cake.

I'm a happy girl when I can take something that is a failure and turn it into something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment