Saturday, March 19, 2011

Can you make those?

Frequently my husband will see something in a grocery store or on tv, and will ask, "Can you make that?"  Of course nothing inspires me like a challenge so I say, "Of course I can!!" 

We were strolling through the grocery store the other day when he pointed out something in the dessert cooler.  It was a bar that looked like it had many different delicious things on top of it.  So, after staring it down, turning it from side to side, I decide that I can pull this off. 

I came home and began researching.  I found many different bizarre recipes for things that had some similarity to it.  I finally decided though, that nothing matched what I wanted.  So, I created a bar topped with coconut, condensed milk, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and walnuts.  You know that sound that Homer Simpson makes when he spies food?  This is how I feel about these bars.  They are the ultimate in indulgence.  A little goes a LONG way.  I made a double batch, because the Hubs has a friend coming over today to help put the floor in his trailer, and I am hoping they will eat a bunch, because I certainly don't need this stuff hanging around the house tempting me!

1 comment: